Community and Economic Development
The Community Development Department is comprised of four divisions serving basic community service functions:
- The Building Division regulates building and use of structures for public safety through the application of adopted codes and ordinances including plan review and inspections.
- The Planning Division provides public information services and promotes land use and development in accordance with City policy and applicable laws.
- Special programs such as the Community Block Grant (CDBG), the HOME Program, and the Document Recording Fee Program are administered under this department.
- Under the Code Compliance division, common concerns subject to abatement of such items as tall grass, noxious weeds, junk vehicles and unconfined garbage on private property are addressed.
Permit/Property Records Search by Property Address
Property Records Search by Address: Please click here for access
Applying for a Permit
Permit applications are accepted:
- By mail/courier
- By dropbox
- At the counter, by appointment
Forms, procedures, standards, code information, and common project checklists are available here: https://www.mylongview.com/170/Forms-Handouts
Applying for Permits Online
Only "One Stop" permit types are eligible for online issuance at this time, if your submittal includes plans, please make arrangements to submit your application package by other means. Currently, we are only able to register Contractors for our online system. If you are a property owner, engineer, architect, or another representative attempting to apply for a permit online, you will need to submit via mail/courier service or by in-person drop off.
Contractors who need access to our online permit system: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Please provide the following information in your email:
- Your Washington State UBI
- Contractor’s license number(s)
- City of Longview Business License number
- The main contact for your organization and their email address
- Any other contacts you may want to apply for permits at your organization and their email addresses
Shortly after we input your data, you will receive an automatically generated email with instructions on how to create your password. You’ll have 24 hours before the link expires.
Visit app.communitycore.com to login once you are registered.
Tips for Online Application Services:
- If applicable, ensure your Contractor’s License and City of Longview Business License are up to date
- Google Chrome is required to utilize CommunityConnect by Meritage Solutions
- Add "email@example.com" to your "Safe Senders" list so emails are not blocked
- Helpful guide for applying for permits online: https://communitycore.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048937314-How-to-apply-for-a-permit-online
- Need help with using our online program? Click here to view our step-by-step guide.