Under the guidance and direction of the Human Resources Director, the department provides a broad array of core services to all departments of the City and the general public.
It is the mission of the Human Resources Department to support the City's goals and objectives by providing exceptional assistance and professional expertise to enhance the quality of the work environment.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Classification and Compensation
- Compliance with Employment Laws
- Labor Relations
- Training and Development
- Personnel Records Management
- Policy Development and Administration
- Property and Liability Insurance
- Recruitment and Selection including positions governed by Civil Service Rules
- Workplace Health and Safety
The City of Longview is a drug-free workplace.