The City Attorney represents the City of Longview in all courts, advises the City Manager, City department heads and City Council.
- City contracts
- Ordinances and resolutions and other documents are drafted by the City Attorney
The assistant Criminal Division prosecutes the following offenses:
- Civil traffic infractions where the driver has requested a contested hearing
- Humane Society civil infractions and Longview Public Library civil infractions
- Longview Municipal Code civil infractions
- Misdemeanor criminal offenses that occur within the Longview city limits and where the defendant has pleaded "not guilty" at arraignment
Longview Municipal Court services are provided through a contract with Cowlitz County District Court.