Reporting a Hit & Run

Citizens are encouraged to use the online police reporting system to expedite service and improve police operations. It is intended only for situations involving unattended vehicle without suspect information.

An applicable hit and run scenario could be your parked, unattended car was hit by an unknown driver/vehicle that didn't leave a note.

When to Contact 911

If you have sustained any type of injury please contact 911 and do not use the online police reporting form. If you have information about the suspect or have suspect’s license plate number, please contact 911 if this occurred in the last 10 minutes, or 360-577-3098 if more than 10 minutes have passed.

Motor Vehicle Collision Report

Additionally, the owner or driver of any vehicle involved in a collision in Washington State is required to complete a Motor Vehicle Collision Report if any person, including the driver, is injured or any involved vehicle sustains $1,000 or more in damages.

Request a Motor Vehicle Collision Report online. You may also request the report form by going to the Longview Police Station lobby (351 Hudson Street), Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.

The completed report should be mailed to:
Washington State Patrol
Records Section
P.O. Box 42628
Olympia, WA98504-2628