To minimize the health impacts of COVID-19 in our area, the City of Longview is closing more buildings and offices to the public. As of Tuesday, March 24, 2020, the following City of Longview facilities will be closed:
- City Hall
- Longview Fire Department (still providing services, offices closed to public)
- Longview Police Department (still providing services, offices closed)
- Longview Public Library
- Senior Center
- Mint Valley Racquet Complex
- Longview Recreation offices
- Play structures
- Sport fields / courts
- Park restrooms
- All Recreation and Library programs have been cancelled (no facility rentals)
Finance / Utility Payments
Stay home, stay safe. We are asking customers to pay their utility bills over the phone, online, or in our designated drop boxes. If you are paying with cash, the City of Kelso is accepting CASH ONLY payments for your City of Longview utility bill through their drive-thru window at 203 S. Pacific in Kelso.
The City of Longview also offers the following options for paying your utility bills:
- Pay by phone (credit/debit only): 877-349-8039
- Online, 24 hours a day / 7 days a week (credit/debit only): https://egov.mylongview.com/
- By check using our payment drop boxes located in front of City Hall and on the Broadway Street median near the ballot drop box. Please remember to include payment stub.
- By U.S. Postal Service mail, include bill payment stub and mail to: City of Longview Utilities, PO Box 128, Longview, WA 98632
- You can find more information about these services on our website at: https://www.mylongview.com/402/Utility-Payments
- Our utility billing department will be open for phone call inquiries only. If you have a question, please call 360.442.5099.
Permitting / Building & Planning / Engineering
For Building & Planning and Engineering, please call one of the following numbers:
- For building and electrical inspection requests: 360.442.5090
- For Building & Planning general questions: 360.442.5086
- For Engineering services: 360.442.5200
Longview Police Department
The Longview Police Department will strive to maintain core services and respond to calls for service during this period of COVID-19 pandemic. In order to focus on maintaining core services the following changes will be adopted effective immediately:
- There will be no public fingerprinting services.
- No public access to the LPD lobby. Payments can be made by mail.
- Officers are directed to utilize phone calls when appropriate to handle non-emergency calls for service.
- Online reporting by citizens is encouraged. Go to mylongview.com, file a police report
- All ride-along’s and LPD volunteers are suspended until further notice
RiverCities will continue to suspend fares for June 2020.
In order to continue social distancing for our passengers and operators, RiverCities Transit has suspended fares for June 2020. Other social distancing techniques RiverCities has implemented include limiting the number of passengers on a bus to 10 and asking passengers to board through the rear doors. Once onboard, passengers are encouraged to practice social distancing by sitting away from each other and wearing a cloth face covering as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
RiverCities Transit continues to provide service to those that need to access essential jobs and lifeline services but urges riders to follow Governor Inslee’s Stay-at-Home Order and limit their trips to keep all of our community members healthy. All fixed routes are running a reduced Saturday level of service Monday – Friday 8 AM – 6 PM until further notice.
Passengers who are unable to access essential services and jobs as a result of RCT’s service reductions are encouraged to contact RCT at (360) 442-5663 or email@example.com.
- RCT Buses will run reduced service (Saturday Schedule) Monday -- Friday.
- Service will start at 8:00 a.m.
- There will be no service on Saturday.
- No Routes 30, 44.
- The Longview Transit Center is closed effective March 25, 2020.
- RiverCities LIFT will continue normal operation.
- Riders are asked to board and exit through the rear doors. Front door will be for ADA access only.
- RiverCities is suspending fares through June 2020. You will not need to show a pass or pay a fare to ride.
- Visit rctransit.org for more information.