The Longview Sister City Commission is seeking host families for high school students visiting from Wako, Japan March 15 – 29, 2019. The Sister City Commission encourages, conducts, sponsors or co-sponsors, for the benefit of the citizens of Longview, public programs to further the development and public awareness of the relationship with Longview’s Sister City in Wako, Japan, and strengthening intercultural understanding in our community.
Why should you host?
- Encourage connection in your home, community, and the winder world.
- Liven up your daily routine and learn about other cultures.
- Enhance your communication skills.
- Share the American way of life.
- Cultivate lifelong friendships.
Responsibilities of host families:
- Provide a student with a safe, supportive, and loving home.
- Accept student as a member of the family and encourage the student to participate in all aspects of family life.
- Provide a student with his/her own bed and a quiet place to study.
- Provide a student with three quality meals a day.
- Provide transportation to and from school (can be by school bus).
- Encourage the exchange of ideas and provide students with exposure to the cultural and social environment of your home and neighborhood.
If you are interested in becoming a host family, please contact the Sister City Commission at email@example.com. To discuss details with someone regarding the hosting experiences, please contact Steve Moon at 360.560.0059 or Dr. Erin Harnish at firstname.lastname@example.org.