With this new system, library patrons can now:
- Navigate the catalog on their phone, tablet, or computer
- Use Smart Searches, which have spellcheck, automated search suggestions, and the option to see related keywords to their search
- Check out and hold eBooks, audiobooks, and more, right from the catalog
- Choose to renew material automatically three days before it’s due
- Change their communication preferences to be contacted via email or text
This is all in addition to other fantastic features that library patrons can take advantage of, including the ability to enable reader history to let you keep track of what you’ve checked out, keep existing holds, and create reading lists. All of these changes make it easier than ever to save time and money while supporting your local library.
The library software system also supports behind-the-scenes library operations such as cataloging, acquisitions, patron records, and more. The changes are being made right now! The new system will start May 15, but there are several things to look for as we get closer to the date including a new catalog to browse, new ways to access your online material, and the chance to update your current information from your computer or mobile device. We appreciate your patience as we get all of these changes made and ready for you!