Check out these other things to remember regarding your garbage and recycling cart:
- Have your containers a minimum of ten feet away from any parked vehicles or other obstacles.
- Have your containers out either the night before collection or by 7 a.m. the morning of collection.
- If your garbage or recycling container was/is missing or damaged, go to Report a Damaged or Missing Container and request a new container or repair for a damaged container, or contact Waste Control directly at 360-425-4302.
- If your garbage or recycling container was missed on collection day, go to Report a Missed Collection and request a pickup, or contact Waste Control directly at 360-425-4302. If the request is made prior to 3 p.m. on the day of collection, Waste Control will return on the same day. If the request is made after 3 p.m. on the day of collection, Waste Control will return the following day.
- Remove your containers from the curb or alley by 7 p.m, or sooner, on collection day.
- Leave your containers out at the curb or in the alley all the time. This may result in theft or illegal dumping into your containers. You are responsible for the contents found in your containers.
- Place excess garbage or unwanted materials next to your garbage container. Either contact Waste Control at 360-425-4302 for a special pick up for a nominal fee or bring the materials to the Waste Control Transfer Station.
- Place recyclables into your garbage container. To know what is recyclable, go to Recycle list Yes-No (PDF) or request a recycling brochure at Request a Recycling Brochure.
- Put ashes in your garbage cart, as this can cause your cart to catch fire and melt.
- Put household hazardous materials in your garbage or recycling containers. Bring these materials to the Household Hazardous Facility at Waste Control every Tuesday and Saturday, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m, at no charge.